At Spurgeon Senior Community, we are proud to offer a very attractive and modern assisted-living facility with 40 tastefully-appointed studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments and inviting public areas including a baby grand piano, a self-serve coffee bar and a dining room with amazing views.
This 2019 addition to our campus also features a quarter-mile walking path that surrounds the building, providing tenants with a beautiful and convenient place to exercise. Located near the Racoon River Valley Trail with scenic views of Iowa’s iconic farmland, it offers a setting unlike any other in the state; rural, yet close to the Des Moines metro area hospitals and other urban conveniences.
For active residents who require minimal assistance to those requiring more personalized care, we provide a comprehensive range of services to meet tenants’ needs while promoting the most independence possible.
Spurgeon Assisted Living Apartment Features:
- Kitchenette: Sink, refrigerator, and a room for a bistro table and chairs
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Secured building and alarmed 24 hours
- Emergency call pendant
- Ample parking
Basic Services for Assisted Living Include:
- 24-hour staffing
- Continental breakfast, restaurant-style noon and evening meals
- Weekly housekeeping with bed-linen change
- Nursing assessment
- Scheduled activities and social events
Personalized Assistance Service Fees:
Spurgeon Assisted Living offers four distinct levels of service for a monthly service fee, with additional services available depending on the degree of assistance required.
- Easy access to Raccoon River Valley Recreation Trail
- Beautifully landscaped campus in a rural setting
- Spiritual care: Worship services, devotionals, rosary, and communion
- Daily social activities: Activities Calendars
- Fitness equipment
Supplemental Onsite Services
(These services are available for an additional fee)
- Beauty Salon: Our licensed beautician provides haircuts, styling, permanents, and shampoos and sets twice a week.
- Podiatry: Central Iowa Foot Clinic provides care on a quarterly basis. Fees for these services are billed to your insurance provider.
- Laboratory: Mercy Labs provides services when ordered by your physician. Fees for these services are billed to your insurance provider.
- Rehabilitative Services: Licensed therapists from RehabVisions provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy services. Fees for these services are billed to your insurance provider.
- Optometry: The doctors from Eye Care Associates provide eye care on an as-needed basis.
- Transportation: Wheelchair-accessible vans are available by appointment for a fee.
1204 Linden Street
Dallas Center, Iowa